Each month, 15 million edits are made to Google Business Profiles, the information a business can use to update their customer information. Last week, Google announced it is making it easier for a business owner to post updated information at one location — and have the information appear on several locations. (For instance, a post on Google Maps will also update information on a Profile Page.)
“Today, we’re making it easier to update a company’s Business Profile directly from Google products you already use,” says Tom Pritchard, product lead, Google My Business. “Now you can create posts, reply to reviews, add photos and update business information right from Google Search and Maps.”
Here is how it works.
- To start, make sure you are signed in with the Google account used to verify your business.’
- On Google Maps, tap your profile picture on the top right corner of the mobile app and select “Your Business Profile” to access these tools.
- On Google Search, you can look up your business by name or search for “my business” to update your profile.
- Business owners can continue to use the Google My Business website and mobile app to update business information and connect with customers.
New or Updated Features.
- The ability to update a business listing not just from Search, but also from