In keeping with an NFIB Survey launched 9.27.2021: “Fifty p.c of small companies are considerably impacted by provide chain disruptions and one other 27% by important staffing shortages.“
“Provide chain disruptions and staffing shortages have grow to be substantial points for small companies throughout the nation. Small employers are making enterprise operation and hiring changes with a view to compensate for each points.”
Holly Wade, govt director of NFIB’s Analysis Middle
Key findings from the survey carried out in early September 2021
- 50% of householders reported that provide chain disruptions have considerably impacted their enterprise, and greater than half (55%) of these affected report that the provision chain disruptions are worsening.
- 86% of householders anticipate provide chain disruptions will proceed nicely into 2022.
- 45% of householders are experiencing a moderate-to-severe staffing scarcity. Of those house owners, over half (52%) are experiencing a moderate-to-significant gross sales loss on account of unfilled positions.
- 49% of householders reported that they obtained fewer job purposes now than they did a month in the past, in comparison with 15% who obtained greater than they did a month in the past.
- 77% of small employers reported that they elevated wages. Smaller numbers provided higher advantages equivalent to paid day off (17%), hiring bonuses (16%), referral bonuses (18%), or enhanced medical insurance advantages (21%).
- Nearly all (88%)