Each month, 15 million edits are made to Google Business Profiles, the information a business can use to update their customer information. Last week, Google announced it is making it easier for a business owner to post updated information at one location — and have the information appear on several locations. (For instance, a post on Google Maps will also update information on a Profile Page.)
“Today, we’re making it easier to update a company’s Business Profile directly from Google products you already use,” says Tom Pritchard, product lead, Google My Business. “Now you can create posts, reply to reviews, add photos and update business information right from Google Search and Maps.”
Here is how it works.
- To start, make sure you are signed in with the Google account used to verify your business.’
- On Google Maps, tap your profile picture on the top right corner of the mobile app and select “Your Business Profile” to access these tools.
- On Google Search, you can look up your business by name or search for “my business” to update your profile.
- Business owners can continue to use the Google My Business website and mobile app to update business information and connect with customers.
New or Updated Features.
- The ability to update a business listing not just from Search, but also from the Google Maps app
- Two new ways a verified user can access their Business Profile
(On Search, merchants can look up their business by name or simply search for “my business. On the Maps app, they can click on their profile picture and then on “Your Business Profile” to access and make updates)
- A new Performance Page that lets merchants see their customer interactions directly in Search or Maps.
- A simplified menu on Search and Maps, with 3 sections: Edit your profile, Promote your business and connect with customers
“All of these new features are free for verified business owners and will continue to evolve over the coming months to give business access to even more helpful tools,” says Pritchard. “As more business owners rely on digital tools to connect with customers and keep business operations running, we’ll continue to update our offerings to be as helpful as possible”.
Image via Google